Sonic Relief™ Safety Information
- Never use the Sonic Relief™ ultrasound unit for treatment without using the Sonic Relief™ conductive gel.
- Never clean the unit with water or submerge it under water.
- Never use Sonic Relief™ on children under the age of 18 without the recommendation/supervision of a physician or therapist.
The use of Sonic Relief™ is NOT recommended:
- Over organs (stomach, liver, lungs, spleen, bowels, heart, kidneys)
- Over the pelvis, abdomen and lumbar (lower back) region in pregnant or potentially pregnant females
- Over highly ultrasound-sensitive organs (eyes, ears, ovaries, testicles, brain, spinal cord)
- Over mucous membranes (mouth, nose, rectum/anus, vagina)
- On patients with pace-makers or electronic implants
- On patients with phlebitis, deep venous thromboses
- On patients with haemophilia/bleeding disorders
- On areas with poor circulation
- On patients with spina bifida or surgical laminectomies of the spine
- For 6 months after treatment with radioactive dyes
- On tissue and/or bone with active infection
- Over areas suspected to be cancerous or pre-cancerous
- Over de-sensitized (numb, hypoaesthesia) areas of the skin (eg. diabetic neuropathy)
- Over open sores or lesions
- In the front of the upper neck (thyroid region)
- Over joints or tissues that have been injected with medication, within the last 3 months
- Over plastic or cement implants
- Directly over the skull or bony prominences (i.e. bony part of elbow)
- Over growth plates in children under 18 years of age
- On tissues that have been preconditioned with heat or cold prior to ultrasound treatment
We recommend you consult a physician before using any medical device.